Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2020 15:33:53 +0530
From:      Rajesh Kumar <rajfbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netmap Library not getting installed on custom kernel installation

Hi,

I am trying to compile the netmap tools(pkt-gen, bridge etc.,) and getting
the below error.

*/root//freebsd/tools/tools/netmap/pkt-gen.c:47:10: fatal error:
'libnetmap.h' file not found#include <libnetmap.h>         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~1
error generated.*** Error code 1*

On debug, I don't see the libnetmap.h file getting installed in the
/usr/obj/ directory.  Whereas, in another similar machine I have the file
in /usr/obj and compilation of netmap tools goes fine.  For the test, I
just copied libnetmap.h from the source and it leads to linker error. So
seems the libnetmap library is not installed properly.

I installed a custom kernel just disabling the debug options with the
FreeBSD-CURRENT branch.  After rebooting to the custom kernel, I tried to
compile the netmap tools (with some changes) and ran into the above error.

How to get the netmap tools compiled in this scenario? Am i missing
something?