Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:56:26 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   A cool IPF firewall trick

Hi all,

I run several FreeBSD/IPF based firewalls. I would really like to get
some sort of basic visual representation as to what the firewall is
doing without actually logging in and tailing logs. My idea is to have
the HDD LED (red) light up when IPF blocks packets with an ipf block
rule and the power LED (green) light up when traffic is passed with an
ipf pass rule.

Any one got any ideas where I would start to implement something this?

Thanks in advance....