Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 2010 22:12:29 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        alc@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Panic: attempted pmap_enter on 2MB page

Alan Cox <alan.l.cox@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm afraid that I can't offer much insight without a stack trace.  At
> initialization time, we map the kernel with 2MB pages.  I suspect that
> something within the kernel is later trying to change one those mappings.
> If I had to guess, it's related to the mfs root.

Here is the stack trace. The machine is sitting here in KDB if you
need me to extract any information from it. I

  db> bt
  Tracing pid 0 tid 0 td 0xffffffff80c67140
  kdb_enter() at kdbenter+0x3d
  panic() at panic+0x17b
  pmap_enter() at pmap_enter+0x641
  kmem_malloc() at kmem_malloc+0x1b5
  uma_large_malloc() at uma_large_malloc+0x4a
  malloc() at malloc+0xd7
  acpi_alloc_wakeup_handler() at acpi_alloc_wakeup_handler+0x82
  mi_startup() at mi_startup+0x59
  btext() at btext+0x2c
  db>

--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Only one who is seeking certainty can be uncertain.