Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 1998 13:52:18 -0700
From:      Melvin Brown <melvin@dds-inc.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Server Spec.

I am about to purchase a computer w/spec listed below.  Some of the
specs that the system comes with are not listed as being supported.
Will FreeBSD 2.2.6/2.2.7 Support these specs?

1 Case, CAMI, Server tower
2 Motherboard, Intel,  Dual processor to 550 Mhz / 100 MHZ FSB
3 CPU Cooling fan, Ball Bearing,  50,000 MTBF minimum
4 Memory, ECC I GB total, 256 MB ECC 8 NS in 4 dimms
5 Floppy, Mitsumi, 1.44 MB
6 CD ROM, NEC, 24 x cd scsi
7 Hard drive, IBM 9.1 GB, ultra wide SCSI
8 Video Card, CIRRUS 2 MB, sram max 1280 x 1024 resolution built into
motherboard
9 Mouse, Logitech, M6 PS/2
10 Ethernet, Intel  100, MB built in
11 SCSI,  Controller Symbios Logic* 53C876 Dual Channel Ultra (one wide,
one
narrow)
Max data transfer 40 MB/sec
12 Tape Drive, HP 4mm, model c1555b 24 gb int
13 CDR, Plasmon cdr480I-so, 6 x 2x writeable CDROM drive
14 Warranty, 1 yr /3 yr., Onsite 1 yr, 3 yr parts warranty
15 Keyboard, Keytronic, PS/2 W/95