Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:07:06 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        postmaster <postmaster@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Undeliverable mail--"SpyLOG  "

Please keep in mind that this attachment is an executable (probably
a worm/virus/whatever) and that it isn't coming from postmaster@freebsd.org
but from somebody at 217.23.85.81. I don't know what it is doing,
but based on the output of strings: There are some SMTP commands
and references to dummy.exe and e:\windows\SyStem32\dLlcache\ddd.exe.

Postmaster, maybe it could be possible to reject email coming in
with a from-address as mailing-list names, administrative names
(postmaster, webmaster etc) @ freebsd.org?

Edwin

        by mx1.mail.ru with smtp (Exim 3.14 #1)
        id 16bGHN-0000ZE-00
        for ports@FreeBSD.org; Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:26:06 +0300

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:26:06AM +0300, postmaster wrote:

> /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAgAAZABkAAD/7AARRHVja3kAAQAEAAAAMgAA/+4ADkFkb2JlAGTAAAAA
> Af/bAIQACAYGBgYGCAYGCAwIBwgMDgoICAoOEA0NDg0NEBEMDg0NDgwRDxITFBMSDxgYGhoY
> GCMiIiIjJycnJycnJycnJwEJCAgJCgkLCQkLDgsNCw4RDg4ODhETDQ0ODQ0TGBEPDw8PERgW
> FxQUFBcWGhoYGBoaISEgISEnJycnJycnJycn/8AAEQgAfQCkAwEiAAIRAQMRAf/EAIAAAAIC
> AwEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGAwQAAgcBAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAAAgEDAwEFBQUGBgMA
//deleted//

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: