Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 2000 15:39:36 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: psm mouse / Vaio PCG-505X / psmintr: out of sync (0008 != 00c8).

>In message <200003021515.HAA02003@mass.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
>: These should probably be standard; the keyboard controller in its
>: entirety probably actually needs to be reset, since things like the
>: keyboard repeat rate are also lost in many cases.

Um, you cannot reset the keyboard controller by software (and you
don't need to reset it).  You can reset the keyboard and the mouse
only.

>They are needed by the 505TS that I have.  psm's probe messages say it
>is a VersaPad.  I agree that they should be standard.  Do they cause
>problems for any devices?

I hope not :-) I have a pending patch for psm.  It will make the
resume routine a standard part of psm.  The routine will be disabled
by default, but will be activated automatically for VeraPad.  You will
need to manually enable it for the other models, though.

The reason why I rather hesitate to reset the mouse always after the
resume event is that the mouse reset is a long process and might cause
problems if the user touches while the device is being reset.  So, I
want to do it only if it is absolutely necessary (like VeraPad).

Kazu