Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:44:18 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: exim configurations?

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 07:14:12AM -0400, William O'Higgins wrote:
> Is anyone using exim as their MTA?  I am attempting to migrate to
> FreeBSD, but this is my stumbling block.  exim works, but it will not
> send mail out of the machine, and the log has "Operation timed out"
> messages for every queue run on every message until they get returned as
> undeliverable.
Yes.  As luck would have it I wrote a guide to installing it on FreeBSD
as well.  You can read the article here:

http://www.munk.nu/webcp/

The article covers installing exim with support for pwcheck on freebsd.
Whilst pwcheck is now deprecated and it still works, it should still
help you out.

> Has anyone got a sample FreeBSD exim config I can look at, perhaps one
> that uses a smarthost (but that's not strictly necessary)?  Thanks.
Remember to install the exim documentation as well - whilst quite terse,
the documentation is very comprehensive.  As the other poster mentions
check for existing configurations as well and also check the exim-users
list for some ideas - try searching here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=exim-users&r=1&w=2

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/