Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2010 04:20:10 GMT
From:      Dima Panov <fluffy@fluffy.khv.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/152432: Kopete refuses connect to ICQ after telepathy-qt4 upgrade

The following reply was made to PR ports/152432; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dima Panov <fluffy@fluffy.khv.ru>
To: Pascal Stumpf <pascal.stumpf@cubes.de>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:11:38 +1000

 Hello!

 >  >Number:         152432
 >  >Category:       ports
 >  >Synopsis:       Kopete refuses connect to ICQ after telepathy-qt4 upgrade
 >  After the update of net-im/telepathy-qt4 and subsequent version bump of net/kdenetwork4 about a week ago, Kopete seems to be unable to connect to ICQ. It > reports the password is wrong even though it definitely isn’t and I am still able to connect using other clients. Judging from a comparison of the OSCAR ‘signon’ > packages using wireshark, Kopete fails to even send _any_ password hash. The upgrade of telepathy-qt4 seems to be the only thing that could have caused
 > this. Can anyone confirm something similar?

 It's caused by recent icq changes - login servers moved from  login.oscar.aol.com to login.icq.com
 Any ICQ client now may refuse to connect

 Anyway, kde trunk now has a solution, will be ported.

 --
 Dima Panov
 KDE@FreeBSD team

 Я на Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?id=100000181104157