Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:26:09 -0400
From:      Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
To:        Diego Rodrigo Neufert <diego@magicwebdesign.com.br>
Cc:        Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good Motherboards?

Wednesday, April 11, 2001, 7:59:53 AM, Diego Rodrigo Neufert wrote:
DRN> I think that the best Athlon TBIRD mobo is Asus A7V...
DRN> Just dont know if it runs with FBSD, but with my RH7 it's ok...

Yes, the A7V works with FreeBSD, and an 850TBIRD is *fast*

As Brett mentioned, it doesn't support ECC memory (The KT133 chipset)
and comes with the Promise ATA-100 controller.

As for what ftp.cdrom.com runs, all I could dig up was a Xeon/500 with
4GB memory and 1/2 TB of RAID 5 storage. I used to have a link to what
the machine was, but I can't seem to find it.

--
Good Luck,
-Neill