Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 13:10:21 --100
From:      odiug@gom.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Guido Muesch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Where is IDE CDROM?

> From owner-freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org Wed Oct 25 15:53 MET 1995
> Date: Wed, 25 Oct 95 10:26:40 PDT
> From: "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@latte.worldbank.org>
> Subject: Where is IDE CDROM?
> To: freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, vak@cronyx.ru
>
> Hi!
>
>  So again where the hell disappeared the IDE cdrom from this -current?
> It does not seems to be detected on my boot...
> And was there any progress on HITACHI CDROM's?
> --Ugen

I am also trying to find out, why my Atapi CD-Rom is not working.
I found the following in atapi.c:
---
#ifdef ATAPI_MODULE
#   define ATAPI_STATIC
#endif

#include <i386/isa/atapi.h>

#ifndef ATAPI_STATIC
/*
 * In the case of loadable ATAPI driver we need to store
 * the probe info for delayed attaching.
 */
---
Shouldn't that be:
#ifndef ATAPI_MODULE
#   define ATAPI_STATIC
#endif

I changed that and the kernel seems to recognizes my CD-Rom, but the kernel
crashes in wd.c:wcdattach trying to call atapi_request_immediate.

Ist this fixed by now, or do I have a great misunderstanding here?
My 'current' is a few days old now.

Ciao
  Guido