Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:31:00 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        bzeeb+freebsd+lor@zabbadoz.net
Subject:   Process for getting data to report LoRs

Is it possible to get the backtrace for a LoR from any of the system
logs or anything like that, after the fact?  Especially after
rebooting into a non-debug kernel?

I compiled a custom kernel for our ZFS boxes that have been locking up
on me lately, adding INVARIANTS and WITNESS.  But, to be safe, I
booted the debug kernel using nextboot on Friday.  The boxes locked up
over the weekend, and we restarted, reverting them back to the
non-debug kernel.

Going through /var/log/messages, I see a couple LoRs that aren't
listed on http://ipv4.sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html

However, as I'm not running the debug kernel anymore, I can't go
through sysctl to grab the backtrace for it.  Is there any other way
to get the info?  Is there anyway to configure the system to log the
backtrace to a file?

Here's the info from /var/log/messages, which I'm guessing is not
enough to track down the cause of the LoR:
lock order reversal:
1st 0xfffffe0019415098 zfs (zfs) @
/usr/src/sys/modules/zfs/../../cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/zfs_vfsops.c:1704
2nd 0xfffffe00191669f8 ufs (ufs) @ /usr/src/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c:1665

lock order reversal:
1st 0xfffffe00194d0eb8 rtentry (rtentry) @ /usr/src/sys/net/route.c:374
2nd 0xfffffe000adb2bc0 if_afdata (if_afdata) @
/usr/src/sys/netinet6/scope6.c:417

System info:
FreeBSD betadrive.sd73.bc.ca 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0 r234466:
Fri Apr 20 10:57:30 PDT 2012
root@betadrive.sd73.bc.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZFSHOST90  amd64

--
Freddie Cash