Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:12:04 GMT
From:      "spider 90" <spider90@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   windowsx shut down

      Hello! I first wanted to say how much I enjoy using FreeBSD. I just
started using the operating system and am having a ball getting it set up. I
appreciate your work in providing a free and stable O/S.
However, the issue thatI can't seem to get resolved is when I want to leave
or exit the windows manager program the screen goes blank instead of taking
me back to the shell text screen. Occasionally I do get that screen when
exiting windows manager, but usually I get a blank screen. Sometimes I can,
from memory just type in startx from that blank screen and it will take me
back to windows manager. Other times that wont work either and the screen is
blank and I have to end up restarting my computer. Any suggestions on what I
may have misconfigured or what direction I should look to fix this issue.
    I looked at the FreeBSD handbook, but I didn't see anything on this
issue. I am running a celeron 500 mhz chip, 128megs of ram, 3.2 gig ide hard
drive, 15 inch monitor, vodoo banshee card, creative live
sound card, this is a secondary drive. Primary drive has windows on it and
is a 30 gig hard drive.
    I appreciate any help and thanks again on providing this O/S