Date:      23 May 2003 16:52:28 +0200
From:      Frank Strauss <strauss@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three Observatins with 6.2.35 on Linux 2.4.20

Hi!

Frank> Like some other people we recognized messages raised by PCI
Frank> interrupts signalling parity errors on the PCI bus (that are
Frank> not necessarily caused by the SCSI subsystem). So we moved to
Frank> 6.2.35, which is supposed to turn off these messages after 10
Frank> messages have been issued. But what in fact happens is, that it
Frank> is *not* turned off, but every such message is just followed by
Frank> additional lines that just say it would be turned off now (see
Frank> below).

A short add-on note: The "PCI error Interrupt ... Data Parity Error
Detected ..." even cannot be turned off with these module options:
aic7xxx='verbose.pci_parity:0.dv:{0.0}'

 -frank