Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:40:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Subject:   Re: tcp template removal / scalability patch

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> Looking back, I should change the keepalive case so that it never needs
> the tcp template; this will require simple mods to tcp_respond.  I'll
> change this and make a new patch soon.

Blech.  tcp_respond doesn't look friendly, and the case where a keepalive
is actually sent is rare.  We can live with using 2 mbufs instead of 1
once every two hours of idle time.  I'm going to stick with the current
patch (aside from formatting changes.)

The removal of the panic and renaming of t_template are inconsequental to
the operation of the patch, please review it as is.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack