Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:27:57 +0300
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrodm@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with BootMgr

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 03:12:04AM -0400, Dave wrote:
> The thing is, I have two equally sized partitions on a 45 gig hard drive
> (~22.5 ea).  The first one has Win98 on it and the second has
> FreeBSD.  The only reason I used this set up is because I have some stuff
> on the Windows partition that I don't want to get rid of so I used FIPS to
> separate the partition.

It's probably the 1024-cylinder limit. FreeBSD 4.0 can only boot
your system if the kernel is in the first 1024 cylinders of the
drive (i.e., if you had 'BSD and Windows switched it would work ok).

4.1 should be able to boot your kernel, though, so I suggest you get
the installation disks and try to put the new boot manager on your
current drive.

--
Nimrod.
http://www.geocities.com/rodd_27