Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:42:21 -0400
From:      Chris Denault <chris@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dreadfully lost installing SB-16

Thank you for everyone who replied, both on and off of the list.  For
out configuration, what worked was the following:

	device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 9 drq 1 flags 0x15
	device pcm

we used irq 9, because the video card had already taken irq 5.  We were
able to tell that this configuration worked by cat'ing into /dev/dsp0.

The kde sound applications either don't work, or crash.  Can anyone
suggest either how to remedy this, or recommend sound programs from the
ports collection (mp3 and cd)?  thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Chris Denault