Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 07:05:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world parallelism anyone?

Has anyone else gotten a chance to do a make world with the new Makefiles
that are -j safe?  I did last nite, and noticed that a complete world
(install and everything) was over an hour faster for me.  Right now I am
doing a make buildworld with a clean /usr/obj to test that out.  Also, the
make I did last nite only had -j 4, the make buildworld I am doing now has
-j 12.  I have a Tomcat II with dual 133, 64MB, EIDE disks.  Just curious
if anyone else has seen any improvements.

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Minneapolis, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com

"You do not greet Death, you punch him in the throat
repeatedly until he drags you away."	--No Fear