Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:10:14 +0900
From:      Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.co.jp>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash10 on BETA2, by f10 / f8  (solved)

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.co.jp> writes:
>
>> 1)
>>      FreeBSD 8-BETA2/amd64
>> % pkg_info | grep -E '(linux|fontconfig)'
>> fontconfig-2.6.0,1  An XML-based font configuration API for X Windows
>> linux-f10-fontconfig-2.6.0 An XML-based font configuration API for X Windows (Linux Fe
>
> Those ports have compatible cache files...
>
>> 2)
>>      FreeBSD 8-BETA2/i386
>> % pkg_info | grep -E '(linux|fontconfig)'
>> fontconfig-2.6.0,1  An XML-based font configuration API for X Windows
>> linux-f8-fontconfig-2.4.2_1 An XML-based font configuration API for X Windows (Linux Fe
>
> ...while those don't.
>
> I'm out of ideas, sorry. I'd expect 1) TDRT, but not the 2).
> Anybody?

Thanks Boris! At last I have found the cause of this problem and
now it can display Japanese text well. Your description has given
me some lights ;-)

I have thought that ~/.fonts.conf maybe has effects because
you said fontconfig of linux_base-f10 has compatibility with
FreeBSD's fontconfig.  So I had created a new user without
some config files, and Firefox+flash10 of new user can display
Japanese text.

I am using ~/.fonts.conf including lines as follow:

     <alias binding="strong">
         <family>sans-serif</family>
         <prefer>
             <family>Bitstream Vera Sans</family>
             <family>IPAUIGothic</family>
             <family>IPAPGothic</family>
             <family>IPAGothic</family>
             <family>VL PGothic</family>
             <family>VL Gothic</family>
             <family>Sazanami Gothic</family>
             <family>Kochi Gothic</family>
         </prefer>
     </alias>

"Bitstream Vera Sans" first line and others from second line,
thats order is very important. With above config, applications
use "Bitstream Vera Sans" font for Alphabet text and other text
are displayed  with "IPAUIGothic" or something other listed
Japanese font first matched.

But flash10 uses "Bitstream Vera Sans" for all kind of text
including Japanese. So flash10/f10 fails to display Japanese
text.

Is it correct to remove "Bitstream Vera Sans" line from ~/.fonts.conf?
Maybe.... But I dislike Japanese font for all Alphabet, it's
very bold to use.  "Bitstream Vera Sans" and IPA fonts mixing
using is better I guess, of course JIMO.

So I have created home directory under /compat/linux and deploy
customized .fonts.conf file under that for flash10.

   # mkdir -p /compat/linux/home/daichi
   # cp ~daichi/.fonts.conf /compat/linux/home/daichi/
   # vi /compat/linux/home/daichi/.fonts.conf     <-- rid of bitstream line

Firefox refers to ~daichi/.fonts.conf including bitsteam line and
flash10 refers to /compat/linux/home/daichi/.fonts.conf not including
bitsteam line. Working well.

Of course in this way, other Linux Applications (Acrobat Reader, Skype or
something) are affected. But it's better than all applications are
affected.

--
   ONGS Inc.
   CEO, Daichi GOTO (daichi@ongs.co.jp)