Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 13:50:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Espen Skoglund <esk@ira.uka.de>
To:        Carl Johan Madestrand <calle.madestrand@norrgarden.se>
Cc:        Espen Skoglund <esk@ira.uka.de>, Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>, Michael Mitchell <hellfire2003@triton.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: opera

[Carl Johan Madestrand]
> Espen Skoglund wrote:
>> [Pete Fritchman]
>>> Opera runs just fine on FreeBSD under Linux Emulation.  Use
>>> /usr/ports/www/linux-opera.  Works great.. browsing as we speak.
>>
>> Except that it still seems to have some beta-problems (tried it out
>> earlier today).  Some stylesheet stuff that seems to be perfectly
>> ok, but which it does not display properly; some issues with inline
>> pictures (cached?) which turn up in the wrong documents (e.g.,
>> images from news articles turning up on slashdot pages instead of
>> the usual icons); problems with using various fonts; etc.
>>

> http://www.opera.com/linux/faq.html#oth

> Check this out. Apparently they are in the process of making a
> FreeBSD version.

True.  What's written there, however, has been there for ages.  I
don't remember when I saw it first, but the mentioning of FreeBSD 3.4
should give you a hint.  It's a shame, though.  As they say on that
very web page, porting to other OSes isn't that much of a problem and
havng a natively compiled version would sure be nice.

	eSk