Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 95 16:45 MSZ
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/scsi sd.c

In pcs.freebsd.current you write:

>If there is no DOSpartition table then there is one slice (the whole
>disk).  Unfortunately you have to have a DOSpartition table to boot with
>biosboot, and disklabel -B writes a dummy DOSpartition table whether you
>want it or not.  Fortunately it writes an _invalid_ DOSpartition table.

Hmm, I don't boot off this disk.

>Early versions rejected all invalid DOSpartition tables and gave one
>slice (the whole disk), but that seemed too dangerous.  The 95/03/23
>version gave one slice of size 50000 sectors for the dummy table.  The

Aah, that's why the slice code complained about the slice being smaller
than the partition in the disklabel.

>current version rejects just one invalid table (the dummy one) and
>gives one slice (the whole disk).

Ok, I'll get the latest stuff and make myself a new kernel then.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, Digital-PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org
Fermentation fault (coors dumped)