Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2018 13:14:12 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Werner Lehmann <lehmannwer@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: x11/mate

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 2:16 AM, Werner Lehmann <lehmannwer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Problem: hp-systray not showing and not functional in MATE
>

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have the following Problem with MATE: The hp-systray (hplip) is not
> showing up in the Panel as it should, although it is in the MATE autostart
> programs. It does show up in KDE4 and in XFCE4, but not in MATE. The
> process "hp-systry -x" is listed when doing a |ps -x| and when killing it
> and reloading it by command line, then the blue icon does show, but it is
> useless, because when right-clicking on it, only a grey bar shows instead
> of the hplip-menu as it should. Any idea what is wrong with MATE here? I
> installed it from packages (all packages up-to-date, freebsd amd64
> 11.1-p4), maybe one of it is wrong and should be recompiled from ports?
>
> Kind Regards,
>

> Werner Lehmann

I make regular use of this and have not had any issue with the systray tool
showing up in my panel. I'm running on 11.1-Stable with all ports up to
date as of this morning.

I have "HP System Tray Service" with the command defined as "hp-systray
-x". Mine is built from ports with all options selected except for qt4.
(qt4/qt5 are radio buttons.)
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com