Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 97 12:45:34 -0500
From:      Timothy J Luoma <luomat+freebsd+hardware@luomat.peak.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Matrox Millenium supported? (and a couple of other newbie questions)

Hi all!

Been lurking for a little while, and checking out the webpages.

I think all of my hardware is ok, except I haven't seen anything about the
Matrox Millenium (4meg).  I did see something about another Matrox card, but
not that one.

I just found out that I am getting a new 2nd hand drive (Seagate ST31230N, 1
gig) and figured I might as well try an installation tonight!  I was
expecting to lurk longer, but fate seems to be pushing me ahead.

Here's my hardware, in case anyone cares to confirm or deny any potential
problems (actually, I have some questions here too!):

Motherboard:	Tyan Tomcat III P5
Processor:	P-133 (``classic'')
Sound Card:	SoundBlaster16 at dma channel 1 irq 5
Ethernet card:	Intel EtherExpress PRO/10+ ISA at port 0x300 irq 10
Pointing Dev:	PS/2 Logitech MarbleMan Trackball (will this work??)
CD-ROM:		Sony CDU76s (4x)
Controller:	Adaptec 2940 Host Adapter found at Bus 0 Device 19

Weirdness: The Ethernet card listed above is actually the second Ethernet
card (ie en1 not en0).

Yes, I have 2 Ethernet cards.  One is en0 which connects my old computer
(without a real address) to my new computer (which has a real address).  The
second one is en1 which connects my new computer to the Internet via a cable
modem (I was planning a net-install of FreeBSD)

I am a PC-hardware weenie, and know nothing about IRQs and DMAs and all that
other stuff (this machine was put together for me)

Here is the current DMA and IRQ listings:

ISASerialPort1: Base=0x02f8, IRQ=3, Type=16550AF/C/CF, FIFO=16
ISASerialPort0: Base=0x03f8, IRQ=4, Type=16550AF/C/CF, FIFO=16
SoundBlaster16 at dma channel 1 irq 5
DECchip21040 based adapter at port 0x6000 irq 9
Intel EtherExpress PRO/10+ ISA at port 0x300 irq 10

Final note: the machine is 100% SCSI, no (E)?IDE anywhere.

Thanks for your time and help,

TjL