Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 20:48:46 -0600
From:      "Sean Heber" <sean@bebits.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Quick firewall rule question..

I got the following info from my colocation provider:

Allocation: 216.218.200.112/28
Gateway:    216.218.200.113
Netmask 255.255.255.240
Range: 216.218.200.114 - 216.218.200.126

I know where gateway and netmask go and stuff for the regular networking
config, but how does this work for my firewall config?  I want to be totaly
sure as I don't want to be locked out when the server is a few thousand
miles away..  :-)

Do I do this in rc.firewall?:

onet="216.218.200.112/28"
omask="255.255.255.240"

or is that wrong?

Thanks!

l8r
Sean

BeBits Admin
http://www.bebits.com/

"I have no respect for a man who can only spell a word one way."
   - Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)