Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:19:54 +0200
From:      "H. Bartel" <lists@u-rep.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache, mod_php & filename-dist

I installed mod_php4 on Apache and phpinfo(); tells me php 4.1.3 is running. Nevertheless variables do not get parsed at all. I tried looking for the /usr/local/etc/php.ini file and I realised it is called /usr/local/etc/php.ini-dist Could this be the reason or did I miss something?

Is this like it is supposed to or is this some installation left-over distfile? I do have noticed quite a few of those filename-dist things on my system, like in /usr/local/www/data which is the apache root folder.

Thanks for any insight on my new world of freeBSD,
Holger