Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:08:15 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Jim O'Gorman <jogorman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gigabit Ethernet

--8m/hfNLtAhX2NvnO

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 03:25:52PM -0500, Jim O'Gorman wrote:
> I am having some problems finding a gigabit ethernet card for FreeBSD
> Sparc64 that I know will work.
>=20
> On the page: http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware-sparc64.html=
#ETHERNET
> I see the listed ethernet cards, yet I have found some release notes
> at: http://cpan.cybercomm.nl/pub/freebsd/releases/sparc64/5.2-RELEASE/REL=
NOTES.TXT
> that list some drivers (such as the sk) that don't show up on both
> lists. So I am a bit confused on what will work and what will not.
>=20
> If I am correct, this card would work:
> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/GA302T.php using the bge
> driver?
>=20
> Any PCI gigabit cards that people have had good luck with in the past?

Hi,

I tested sk(4), nge(4), ti(4), and lge(4) cards on my sparc64
box.  Unfortunately, they all need work before they'll work on
sparc64.  However, bge(4) should work as wpaul@ converted it to
use the busdma(9) portable kernel bus memory mapping API.  I have
not personally tried putting my bge card into the sparc, though.

The GA302T is listed as supported in the bge(4) man page so my
guess is it would work with that.

Regards,
--=20
wca