Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:45:01 +0300
From:      "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        "Rem P Roberti" <remegius@comcast.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Configuring for IP ports

On 3/8/06, Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> A BSD friend of mine set up my firewall, and he is out of town for a
> while.  I am attempting to use a program that uses UDP packets on ports
> 5198 and 5199.  So my firewall must be configured to allow my machine to
> accept UDP packets on either of those ports, and to send packets out to
> those ports on remote machines.  I have no idea how to accomplish that,
> and would appreciate it if someone can steer me a course toward the
> solution.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rem
rg"

Hmm, don't you also need outgoing to tcp 5200?
http://www.echolink.org/firewall_solutions.htm

Anyway, try this as root for fast and insecure setup:
ipfw add 1 pass dst-port 5198-5200

If you need a more secure setup and port forwarding,
you'll have to give us a comprehensive description of
your network or wait for your friend to come back.