Date:      Sun, 8 May 2005 21:49:49 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yoshihiko Sarumaru <mistral@imasy.or.jp>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/80762: New port: graphics/phpsview

>Number:         80762
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: graphics/phpsview
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD shimako.yamayuri.org 4.11-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #2: Thu Mar 31 00:07:22 JST 2005 sendpr@shimako.yamayuri.org:/backup/tmp/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Z505VRK i386

	This PR introduces phpsview and phpsshot that controls
	Logitech QuickCam (Notebook) Pro
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	graphics/phpsview/
#	graphics/phpsview/Makefile
#	graphics/phpsview/distinfo
#	graphics/phpsview/pkg-descr
#	graphics/phpsview/pkg-messages
#
echo c - graphics/phpsview/
mkdir -p graphics/phpsview/ > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - graphics/phpsview/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/phpsview/Makefile << 'END-of-graphics/phpsview/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	phpsview
X# Date created:				17 April 2005
X# Whom:					Yoshihiko Sarumaru <mistral@imasy.or.jp>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	phpsview
XPORTVERSION=	9.0.2
XCATEGORIES=	graphics
XMASTER_SITES=	http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/
XMASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=	${REALNAME}
XDISTNAME=	${REALNAME}-${PORTVERSION}
XPATCH_SITES=	http://www2.starcat.ne.jp/~takam/bsd/
XPATCHFILES=	${DISTNAME}-bsd-0.03.patch.gz
XPATCH_DIST_STRIP=	-p2
XMAINTAINER=	mistral@imasy.or.jp
XCOMMENT=	Philips USB Cameras Utilities for NetBSD/FreeBSD
XREALNAME=	pwc
XWRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/${DISTNAME}/2.4
X.if defined(WITHOUT_X11)
XCOMPONENTS=	phpsshot
X.else
XUSE_GNOME=	imlib gtk12
XCOMPONENTS=	phpsshot phpsview
X.endif
XMAN1=		${COMPONENTS:S/$/.1/}
XMANCOMPRESSED=	yes
XPLIST_FILES=	${COMPONENTS:S/^/bin\//}
XMAKE_ARGS+=	MANDIR=${MANPREFIX}/man/man
Xdo-build:
X.for component in ${COMPONENTS}
X	@(cd ${BUILD_WRKSRC}; ${SETENV} ${MAKE_ENV} ${MAKE} ${MAKE_FLAGS} Makefile.${component} ${MAKE_ARGS} ${ALL_TARGET})
X.endfor
Xdo-install:
X.for component in ${COMPONENTS}
X	@(cd ${INSTALL_WRKSRC} && ${SETENV} ${MAKE_ENV} ${MAKE} ${MAKE_FLAGS} Makefile.${component} ${MAKE_ARGS} ${INSTALL_TARGET})
X.endfor
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-graphics/phpsview/Makefile
echo x - graphics/phpsview/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/phpsview/distinfo << 'END-of-graphics/phpsview/distinfo'
XMD5 (pwc-9.0.2.tar.gz) = c2febfc5ac59ed669cf99969f38976da
XSIZE (pwc-9.0.2.tar.gz) = 230499
XMD5 (pwc-9.0.2-bsd-0.03.patch.gz) = 506996f9a527cc6c32b043b2ecda7bf5
XSIZE (pwc-9.0.2-bsd-0.03.patch.gz) = 19679
END-of-graphics/phpsview/distinfo
echo x - graphics/phpsview/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/phpsview/pkg-descr << 'END-of-graphics/phpsview/pkg-descr'
XPhilips USB Cameras Utilities for NetBSD/FreeBSD
X-----------------------------------------------
X1. What is it?
X	phpsshot ... simple image capture program ( output stdout PPM file )
X	phpsview ... sequential image viewer program ( about 3fps )
X2. What is supported USB camera?
X	Vendor  Device  Product Name(Sensor name)
X	------  ------  ----------------------------------
X	0x046d  0x08b1  Logitech QuickCam Notebook Pro
X	0x046d  0x08b2  Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
X	0x041e	0x400c	Creative Labs Webcam 5
X	0x0471	0x0311	Philips ToUCam Pro
X	Maybe the camera that has a same CCD will work.
X	If cameras worked (or not worked) below, please report me.
X	Same CCD cameras
X	- Philips PCVC740K (ToUCam Pro)
X	- Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000
X	- Logitech QuickCam Zoom
X	- Logitech QuickCam Zoom(new model)
X	- Logitech QuickCam Orbit/Sphere
X	- Creative Labs Webcam Pro Ex
X	- Samsung MPC-C30
X	- Visionite VCS-UC300
XWWW: http://www2.starcat.ne.jp/~takam/bsd/NetBSD.html#qcamPro
END-of-graphics/phpsview/pkg-descr
echo x - graphics/phpsview/pkg-messages
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/phpsview/pkg-messages << 'END-of-graphics/phpsview/pkg-messages'
XWhen you have a problem with phpsview, please read following Q and A.
XQ. The capture program doesn't work with the message "Not found Philips Webcam",
X   or "Permission denied".
XA. 1) Check your dmesg and make sure the camera was attached as ugen device.
X      If your camera was attached as uaudio device, apply a patch that tells
X      to the kernel that these cameras are not audio devices (although it has
X      a microphone in it).
X      http://www2.starcat.ne.jp/~takam/bsd/phpsview-netbsd-sys-1.6.2.diff
X      If your camera doesn't match with the entry in above patch, you have to
X      add your camera in the same manner, or disable uaudio driver.
X   2) Make sure you can write to the device file connected to your camera.
X      With default settings, regular user can't write to /dev/ugen*.
X      Run chmod a+w /dev/ugen0 (or other corresponding device file)
X      or setup /etc/devfs.rules to makes the device file will be created
X      with a suitable permission every time you plug your camera to the
X      devfs running system (such as 5.x or higher).
XQ. phpsview seems to be working with no errors, but I can't get the right image.
XA. Some people said that FreeBSD ohci USB driver had something troubles.
X   If you have problems with ohci system, please upgrade FreeBSD to 5.4
X   and try again (I hear that FreeBSD 5.4-RC is free from the problem).
END-of-graphics/phpsview/pkg-messages
exit