Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:55:58 +0000
From:      Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Boot Loader: OFW network booting support

Hi,

> On 14 Nov 2022, at 16:34, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
>=20
> I'd like to drop support for OFW network booting.
>=20
> These days, the only OpenFirmware machines are really old Mac G4 and =
G5 machines. Nothing else can use it (it used to be shared with sparc64 =
machines).
>=20
> I'm in the process of reworking some of the disk code, which touches =
the OFW disk code which would force me to write extra code for OFW since =
it doesn't fit the pattern we have on other architectures very well.
>=20
> So, rather than do a lot of work I can barely test (I might have an =
old G4 mac in my dad's old thing), I'm thinking about dropping the =
support, especially since I don't think it's been used by anybody in a =
long time.
>=20
> Before I do that, though, I'd see if anyone is actively using it...

Not using it, but it will not surprise you to learn that I have a G4 =
Mac...

--
Bob Bishop       t: +44 (0)118 940 1243
rb@gid.co.uk     m: +44 (0)783 626 4518