Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:32:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        wscott@ichips.intel.com (Wayne Scott)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aout-to-elf worked but 'make install' still confused

Wayne Scott wrote:

> I upgraded my system to ELF on Monday and did another make world
> on Weds.  Things look good.
>
> However:
> $ cd /usr/src/lib/libc
> $ make
> $ make install
>
> installs a ELF libc.so.3.1 in /usr/lib/aout

Did you do this with a clean object tree?

When you use the commands quoted above, you won't be using the same obj
directory that `make world' uses because it is the top-level makefiles
that direct the object tree into /usr/obj/elf and /usr/obj/aout
to aboid mixing things in different formats. When you just cd to a
directory, you will get /usr/obj as the root of your object tree if
you do a `make obj'.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137