Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:46:13 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Dale Phillips <dphi@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dusty and old yamaha cdr-102

Dale Phillips writes:
> Hello all
> I have found on a shelf, collecting dust, a
> old yamaha cdr102. (Yes it does work -
> thats why I 'adopted it')
>
> What do I need to do to get this old
> cdr (4x read 2x write) to work on freebsd 2.2.7?

% su
# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord
# make install

Have heard some statements that under CAM CD's and CD-R's are handled
thru the same drivers. Meaning I don't think you'll be playing CD's on
your CD-R until FreeBSD 3.0.

Have been lusting for a CD-R of my own lately. Have been using a
CDR-100 quite reliably at work. Sad thing is at the moment its
installed on an SGI O2 because that's where I have enough disk space to
do some interesting scratching.

My CDR-100 will do 4x writes. Thought your CDR-102 could also too.