Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 15:29:18 -0400
From:      PJourdan <info@lespetitsplaisirs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: Upgrade XFree86-3.3.6? to XFree86-4.X

--=====================_19315265==_.ALT

This may be a little tardy, but for some reason my postings were not geting
through from my regular e-mail. :((

At 03:21 PM 5/18/2002 +0100, S. Roberts wrote:
Hi,
I have XFree86-3.3.6 installed on my system. After posting questions
about my colour / graphics problems with a new monitor, numerous
respondents advised me to upgrade to XFree86-4.0.2.
Simple question here is, how do I upgrade to XFree86-4.0.2? Please bear
===
sni, snip
====
I understand as I had the same problem. This may sound stupid, but it
worked for me: I just deleted the X11 or whatever the directory was that
contained all the files and then just installed the XFree86 v. 4.2!
Did I do something terribly wrong? Should I expect the great manitou of
Silicon Valley to stomp my machine? Seems to work just fine...
Phil

--=====================_19315265==_.ALT

This may be a little tardy, but for some reason my postings were not
geting through from my regular e-mail. :((<br><br>
At 03:21 PM 5/18/2002 +0100, S. Roberts wrote: <br>
Hi, <br>
I have XFree86-3.3.6 installed on my system. After posting questions
about my colour / graphics problems with a new monitor, numerous <br>
respondents advised me to upgrade to XFree86-4.0.2.<br>
Simple question here is, how do I upgrade to XFree86-4.0.2? Please bear
===<br>
sni, snip<br>
====<br>
I understand as I had the same problem. This may sound stupid, but it
worked for me: I just deleted the X11 or whatever the directory was that
contained all the files and then just installed the XFree86 v. 4.2!<br>
Did I do something terribly wrong? Should I expect the great manitou of
Silicon Valley to stomp my machine? Seems to work just fine...<br>
Phil<br>