Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:53:56 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AfterStep in -current

At 09:47 PM 1/13/97 -0800, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> * Just submitting for somebody else to verify: AfterStep seems to try to
> * compress it's man-pages twice.  It might be just my system though - I'm
> * running 2.1.6 with bsd.ports.mk, bsd.ports.subdir.mk and
> * /usr/bin/src/usr.bin/make/var.c from current. (As per Asamis comment about
> * ports infrastructure earlier today)
>
>Really?  The only cause I can think for this is that your bsd.port.mk
>is a little old, namely older than 1.236 (Dec 11) and a new afterstep
>port.  (Actually David jumped the gun and the change to afterstep went
>in on Dec 10. :)
>
>What does "grep Id bsd.port.mk" say?

*blush* - I'd downloaded the new bsd.port.mk to /usr/src/share/mk instead
of /usr/share/mk - works now.  (I had 1.165 in /usr/share/mk, and 1.243 in
/usr/src/share/mk - and now it works.)

Perhaps it would be an idea for ports to specify minimum version of
bsd.ports.mk?  (Just set it to whatever the author of the port has on his
system - better that too many people upgrade than too few.)

Eivind Eklund / perhaps@yes.no / http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/