Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:41:59 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        "buu" <buu@buu.cc>
Cc:        spadger@best.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: omnibook 6000 and sound

--==_Exmh_1013379918P

> cant' get the maestro3 working -_-
> i have freebsd 4.6.2 on the omnibook6000 with an ess maestro 3 snd card.
>
> i have in /boot/loader.conf the string "snd_maestro3_load=YES"
> and with a dmesg | grep pcm i get the string
>
> Preloaded elf module "snd_pcm.ko" at 0xc0514140
> pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> port 0x1400-0x14ff mem 0xf4 etc etc etc at device 13.0 on pci0
>
> so it's there.... but then i get no sound at all (yes i checked the volume ^^)
>
> what did i wrong ? tx in advance

Don't know that you did anything "wrong" as such, that's all I've ever
done (well, since the driver went into the tree).

I notice that my Maestro attaches at a different address to yours, but I
don't know how significant that is:

Preloaded elf module "snd_pcm.ko" at 0xc0444140.
pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> port 0x1000-0x10ff mem
0xf4000000-0xf4001fff irq 5 at device 13.0 on pci0

Do you get any messages (e.g. "timed out" or anything about interrupts?
Have you tried suspending/resuming (I see sound not working about 1 time
out of 20 or less)?

I'm pretty sure I remember disabling int 5 in 'pccard.conf' so that it'd
be available for the sound driver - you might want to check that if
you're running PCCARDs...

Are you sure about the mixer? ;-)

(Actually, sometime ago, the volume settings would start out at 0 after
a boot, this seems to have stopped a few months ago).

Is your mute button pressed :-> (getting desparate now!)

HTH.

Cheers,

AS

--==_Exmh_1013379918P