Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 08:19:05 -0400
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Problems with 2.0.5-R and IBM PS/NOTE?

I just tried to upgrade a 1.1.5 IBM PS/NOTE to 2.0.5-R.  Most
everything went fine (thank goodness for the "holographic shell"),
except that the psm driver still suffers the same problem it
had in 1.1.5.

That is, when I enable the psm driver, and it does its probe to
determine there is a PS/2 mouse; I wind up with a locked-down
keyboard.  If I don't do the probe (disable it with boot -c),
everything works just fine.

This tends to point to the psm probe routine as being the culprit
that locks down the keyboard... any ideas?

	- Dave Rivers -