Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 16:15:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Christopher T. Johnson" <cjohnson@neunacht.netgsi.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rfork() questions

Well, I have this very nice raytracing code, it has been doing parallel
processing for many years now.  The only thing it needs is the ability to
do a fork() while sharing memory, which rfork(RFPROC|RFMEM|RFFDG) should
do nicely, and semaphores.

We've looked and found the semaphore syscall.  And rfork() says it should
work, but of course rfork() fails if you are in SMP mode and request
rfork() with the RFMEM flag.

I and my friends have no problem making kernel mods, we've been doing it
for a number of years.  We are looking for a pointer to whomever is working
on the rfork() shared DPT problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.
	Chris Johnson	<cjohnson@neunacht.netgsi.com>