Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:10:14 +0100
From:      "F. Senault" <fred.letter@lacave.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

Sunday, January 13, 2008, 6:29:03 AM, you wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, johan beisser wrote:
>> > Hmm I wonder how hard it would be to write a forum scraper....
>>
>> Not too difficult. Quite a few forums provide RSS feeds.

> That doesn't let you go both ways though, although just being able to
> browse forums in a usenet like way would be much nicer..

Well, you can find RSS to Usenet gateways.  I've written a small one
myself and I'm routinely using it (http://news.lacave.net/rss - the
page is in french, but there's an english INSTALL file).

HTH,

Fred
--
...it's about damn time that all of us who actually give a damn about
Usenet stand up and tell the people who don't to fuck off and die.