Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 19:51:34 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        security@freebsd.org
Cc:        core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6+++: crt0.c CRITICAL CHANGE

According to Joe Greco:
> In revision 1.21 of crt0.c, ache removed these bits of code, and several
> other sources indicate that removal of the locale code is a sufficient
> fix.  It therefore seems appropriate to move forward by removing this
> from crt0.c.

I think it was agreed to get rid the "local hack"  (as it was named at
the time) and do it the way that is in CURRENT. So I'm for removing it.

Programs that want proper locale support will do the

        (void) setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

call themselves.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #39: Sun Feb  2 22:12:44 CET 1997