Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:50:59 +0400
From:      DoubleF <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        Dan MacMillan <flowers@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beginning C++ in FreeBSD

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

[Moved to chat@]

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 09:30:24AM -0600,
 Dan MacMillan probably wrote:
> [...]

Let me leave this one to Daniela and defeat a more general claim, that
C++ is not just C:

The `canonical' (portable; standard-compatible) way to get something
done either before or after main() is called, when main() has no
awareness of the need to do it, is:

a) in C++: creation of a static object, whose ctr/dtr contain the code
to be executed before/after main;

b) in C: <your answer here>

>=20
> How does one properly do an assembly language program for the x86
> instruction set (for example) so that it will run on a StrongARM?
>=20

One writes it in C instead:)...

--=20
DoubleF