Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:13:49 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux to be deployed in Mexican schools; Where wasFreeBSD?

At 10:13 PM 11/25/98 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>Assuming that I was hit by the car while crossing the street outside a
>cross-walk and without looking first, this is a good analogy if you
>don't quibble about the fact that the blame would more correctly fall
>upon my failure to look where I was going than on the act of simply
>leaving my house.

[Entering Jordan mode and paraphrasing previous message]

Oh bah...  I think it's time to simply face the fact that your point
of view on this matter is not really in line with that of most other
folks and we might as well switch to a more productive and amusing
line of bizarre claims, like whether or not the russians were the
first to invent television or if the Pentium II processor is really
alien technology from Area 51.

I find either of those subjects to be far more credible than claims
that the quality of someone else's driving is anything but the
responsibility of the pedestrian and 100% HIS FREAKIN' FAULT when
things go wrong.  Sorry, Jordan, but at no time during this issue have
you even come close to convincing me that anything else is true in your
particular case.  I agree that negligence was a cause here, I just don't
agree that it was on the driver's part (the error was his for jumping the
curb at 90 miles per hour, certainly, but negligence begins at home).
You should not have left the house without an armored tank. Heck, you
should not have left the house period. System administrators should never
have lives.

--Brett