Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2012 18:29:02 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thinkpad and synaptics

As first, thanks for answer.

>  Section "ServerLayout"
>          Identifier     "X.org Configured"
>          Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>          InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>          InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>          Option  "AutoAddDevices" "Off"
>      EndSection
>
>     [...]
>
>     Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier  "Mouse0"
>        Driver      "mouse"
>        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
>     EndSection
>
>In rc.conf:
>
>     moused_enable="YES"
>
>in loader.conf:
>
>     hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"

OK. I know it is writen zillion times and it still does not
work for me. It is thinkpad e320, amd64, 9.1, kms. I had a
lot of problems regarding fonts and non working vertical
scroll on the pad. What I did:
put synaptics_support
run moused
changed xorg.conf in a million ways
This xorg.conf is similar to mine. I also have psm0 in /dev/
spite I have no loader.conf option right now. I assume that
installing xf86 synaptics did the job. Simply, it does not
scroll, with this configuration.
I might need to rest a day or two, to sleep and to read more.
Best regards and, once more, thanks all for help.

                           Zoran