Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:42:01 +0930 (CST)
From:      Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
To:        scott@computeralt.com (Scott I. Remick)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help me win the MS-Proxy/ipfw war

Scott I. Remick wrote:

 > Any advice to a small-time network admin for a small (32 employees) company
 > that is stuck in the MS_WAY = ONLY_WAY mindset?  We are overdue for a
 > firewall but the PHB wants NT/MS-Proxy installed, while I'm arguing for
 > FreeBSD/ipfw instead.

Go in after work one night and install FreeBSD.  Once your firewall
is a fait accomplis, inertia will help you get your way.

[ on the other hand, if management is that dense you might want to
  "solve" the problem by changing employers - I doubt the boss'
  belligerence is confined to FreeBSD, if you see what I mean... ]

    - mark :-)