Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:13:30 -0500
From:      dlr <dlr@insane.asylum.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel compile error

I've compiled a lot of kernels for freebsd and never really had aproblem.
This is an Aopen MB with cyrix PR200 chip. Adaptec 1542 scsiII.

I Keep getting errors when trying to compile a new kernel.

here is the error:

../../kern/kern_physio.c:162: internal error--unrecognizable insn:
(call_insn/i 111 110 114 (parallel[
            (call (nil/u:ee Unknown)
                (const_int 0))
            (set (reg:SI 7 %esp)
                (plus:SI (reg:SI 7 %esp)
                    (const_int 0)))
        ] ) -1 (nil)
    (nil)
    (nil))
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
*** Error code 1

This is FreeBSD 2.2.2

I had the bus speed set at 75mhz and thought maybe somehow that was doing it so
i slowed it down to 66. This is the only times i've really had a hard time
compiling kernels.

any clues??

dave racette