Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:39:22 +0000
From:      Chris Ganderton <chris@p3ngu1n.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to make psybnc

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

>=20
>    I would like to ask how to make psybnc on FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE
>    (GENERIC)
the psybnc port is in /usr/ports/irc/psybnc. Assuming the ports collection =
is installed on your system, just cd to
that directory and issue the command `make install' as root, which will sta=
rt to install it.

If you don't have the ports collection installed, then mount your install c=
d and install it (using /stand/sysinstall, or goto the ports directory and =
use the install script for it.

>    i'm unfamiliar with FreeBSD's directory layout
>=20
Read the hier(7) manpage, to get to grips where everything is in FreeBSD. R=
eading the handbook in further detail should help you with other tasks, and=
 different ways to install software and updates for your system.

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/index.html

--=20

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--