Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:02:56 -0700
From:      jasondic@sbcglobal.net
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   atapi cam

Hi All,

    I think the ATAPI TAPE driver converts all 6byte mode sense/mode select
calls to 10 byte versions before executing them across the bus. This causes
problems with my ATAPI STT8000 tape device which only supports the 6-byte
versions. I also noticed that the man page for atapicam states that atapi
doesn't support 6 byte mode sense/select cdb's-yet I have the SCSI spec to
the STT8000 atapi device which clearly states that it only supports the
6-byte versions.

Thoughts?

-Jason