Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:43:33 -0400
From:      "Paul Stewart" <pauls@nexicom.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail - Catch All Alias

Hi there...

I am trying to find a SIMPLE method of doing the following:

Just installed a brand new FreeBSD 4.1.1 server.  Sendmail is working just
fine for the one domain and that's the ONLY domain I need to have running on
this server...

I want to add a catch-all alias so that when email comes in that can't be
delivered to an existing POP account it goes to a general mailbox (usename
called "mail" in this case).

Following general instructions I edited the virtusers table and rebuild it
etc. with
@domain.com	mail

However it doesn't appear that the virtusers file is being used.  This is a
stock install with no changes made to the sendmail.cf file.

Any anyone give me a simple to-do list to make this work? I think what's
making this difficult for me to figure out is that this task is so easy <g>

Actually, is there a way for me to just add an alias in the aliases file
that works as a catch-all?

Thanks very much,

Paul