Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:51:20 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Language for Modeling Mechanical System

Narvi wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Roelof Osinga wrote:
>
> > Nope. That would be APL. Nothing wrong with Fortran. The versions
> > after IV are quite nice, actually. At least, from what I've seen and
> > read about them. Haven't used Fortran after IV. The GNU has a
> > F77 translator. Turns F77 into C.
> >

> GNU has f2c? I'm pretty sure f2c is independent of GNU.

I stand corrected. Chapter 21 of the UNIX programmer's manual, revised
and expanded version: 'A portable Fortran 77 Compiler'. Page 401.

Like I said, it's been a while ;).

Mind you the UNIX compiler listens to the name of 'f77' which
in turn drives f2c. It's even, or still, part of FreeBSD!

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.
UPC/Chello home http://nisser.com/