Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:46:41 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Randy Terbush <randy@terbush.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend mode woes

> From: Randy Terbush <randy@terbush.org>
> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:30:16 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> On Monday 24 March 2003 04:11, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
> >    Hi,
> >
> >    I am running FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE on a Thinkpad A31 and when I attempt
> > to go into suspend mode I get:
> >
> > acpi0: AcpiGetSleepTypeData failed - AE_NOT_FOUND
> >
> >    I have found references to this all over by googling but no real
> > respones.
> >
> >    Any ideas what might be wrong?
>
> FWIW - I have the same problem on Thinkpad X23. ACPI does not really seem to
> work on this computer. No luck with google.
>
> I'm running 5.0-current.

I've been told IBM has promised a fix, but I have not seen it yet. I'd
strongly suggest dropping back to APM. It works fine on my T30. Still
make sure that you have the latest BIOS. I had some annoying (but not
fatal) APM issues under V4 before I upgraded to the latest dated
12/20/02.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)