Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:24:32 +0800
From:      faeton <fez@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Running Win95 and FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE with EZ-DRIVE

After recently upgrading to a large HDD and getting rid of the smaller
one, I tried to install FreeBSD and windows on to the new one.

Unfortunately I need software translation for my bigger HDD and this
means using MicroHouse's EZ-DRIVE in conjunction with DOS.

After searching previous questions I found a few that mentioned the need
to remove EZ-DRIVE's control when installing FreeBSD from a DOS
partition otherwise FreeBSD won't be able to recognise a primary DOS
partiton.

This worked well, until i went to reboot FreeBSD in which case im
confronted with the BootEasy prompt:

F1  DOS
F2  FreeBSD

I didnt expect to be able to boot DOS from here without EZ-DRIVE but
when I try to boot FreeBSD I just get a flashing cusor..

Any suggestions as to what could of gone wrong here? And after I can
boot FreeBSD how will I go about booting DOS? (I was thinking along the
lines of just booting FreeBSD from a floppy everytime and letting
EZ-DRIVE have control otherwise..)

Just for the record im running a 4.3 GB Maxtor IDE HDD using EZ-DRIVE
v9.06.

Regards,
fae
--