Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 06:48:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pentium MB [off-topic]

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Capriotti wrote:

> In my hands I have a Pentium MB, whose PCI slots are not working at all.
>
> The original owner probably pulled the video card while the system was
> energized.

He did that?

Try the card in a computer whose PCI slots are known to work if you have
access to one.

> The disk controller - embeded IDE, which I believe to be PCI - is working
> fine, the system runs smooth with ISA cards, but when one plugs a PCI Video
> card, no video signal is generated.
>
> FreeBSD runs fine also, and so does WInblows.

How do you know these two OSes run fine if you can't see any video? Do
you have a different card that you have tested. If a different card
works, then nothing is wrong with your main board.

Perhaps I am missing the point.

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html