Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2021 14:11:38 +0200
From:      Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About GIT and committing submissions

Hi,

I support your proposed guidelines for using git.

However, I would like to keep the shar guidelines.  Submitting a port as a
shar is a very simple way to do so if you have not set up a complete
development environment with git.  If you don't have your ports tree under
git, it is difficult to produce a new port as a git-style patch.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments